Are you passionate about protecting our environment? Would you love to make a real difference to some of our most threatened ecosystems… as a job?!
Wild Mob is on the hunt for a passionate Communications Manager to join our team in Sydney.
Our Communications Manager is responsible for ensuring seamless communication with Wild Mob’s volunteers from first contact to ongoing engagement.
The Manager is also responsible for Wild Mob’s entire communication strategy; constantly thinking up new ways to attract volunteers, seek funding opportunities and to promote Wild Mob’s vision of a world where everyone recognises and celebrates being part of and dependent on the natural world.
Our team is made up of scientists, adventurers, educators and storytellers. We are looking for somebody who has attitude! The ideal candidate is fun-loving, willing to inspire and be inspired, and must have a sense of adventure.
- A tertiary qualification or significant demonstrated experience in the field of communications, marketing and/or business development.
- A passion for conservation and sustainable use of the natural environment.
- Demonstrated high-level skills in using WordPress and social media platforms, designing and implementing campaigns, development and dissemination of press releases, e-newsletters and other media.
- Excellent written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to adapt communications style across a broad range of mediums and channels.
- High-level organisational and time management skills and demonstrated capacity to apply attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage, liaise, consult, negotiate, assist and network with a broad range of stakeholders.
- The ability to work autonomously and the drive to at times go above and beyond role requirements to get the job done.
- Experience in fundraising and/or PR campaigns is desirable.
The Communications Manager will be based in Sydney. We have office space available in the CBD, however, opportunity will also be available to partially work remotely.
This is a full time position. Some interstate and international travel may be required. You can find a full job description here.
How to apply
Applications close at 4pm on the 26th February 2018. Applications should be sent to email@example.com using the subject line: Communications Manager application via Wild Mob website.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Calling all gardeners, tree huggers and flower appreciators… Flora Week is taking root on beautiful Norfolk Island this September!
Trish is becoming somewhat of a serial Mobster! Here’s her recount of her second Wild Mob conservation adventure on Norfolk Island.
We’re searching for a passionate Communications Manager to join our team in Sydney.
Here’s what we can achieve in just ONE morning on conservation work in the Great Barrier Reef. Weeds be gone!