I am excited to let you know that we are currently advertising for a fabulous job opportunity with Wild Mob. We are looking for a Skipper/ Engineer to take responsibility for the day-today operation of our vessel “Wild Cat”.
Wild Mob – Skipper/ Engineer
Wild Mob’s wonderful volunteers get their hands dirty restoring natural ecosystems on iconic Islands of the Great Barrier Reef and South Pacific Ocean. We have been operating for a decade and enjoy a well-earned reputation for delivering positive results.
Salary: $70,000 plus superannuation
The Skipper/ Engineer is responsible for day-to-day operation of Wild Mob’s vessel ‘Wild Cat’ a 15.35m Crowther designed sailing catamaran, and supervising all in-water activities during Wild Mob’s conservation expeditions.
We are looking for somebody willing to join a team that has attitude – we just get it done! Must be fun loving, willing to inspire and be inspired, and must have a sense of adventure.
- Master Grade 5 and Marine Engineer Driver Grade 3
- Padi Rescue Diver or SSI Diver Stress and Rescue qualifications or equivalent
- A demonstrated commitment to the environment
- You will need to be an outstanding team player, with excellent communication skills
- A capacity to work flexible hours and be away from home for extended periods (up to a week at a time).
The Skipper/ Engineer will be based in Mackay, North Queensland This is a full time position.
Please send your application to