Join us for the opportunity to explore the incredible Eungella National Park. The Eungella Birdweek and Bushwalking Festival caters to the serious birdwatcher wanting to add to their list, right through to the casual birder wanting to explore some amazing places and learn a little more about birds and their habitat. Tag along bushwalks, social evenings and meals, local markets, guest lectures about the rainforest and other habitats, their conservation management and of course opportunities to search for the elusive Eungella honeyeater.
- Welcome dinner with locals from the Eungella community
- Guest lectures and slide shows
- Tag along bushwalking with local walkers
- Choice of up to four Birdwatching excursions daily
- Search for the Eungella honeyeater with experienced local bird watchers
- Nocturnal birding, and chances to see our arboreal mammals
- Local craft and food markets
- Farewell dinner
Eungella National Park lies in the hinterland of Mackay, a vibrant regional city on the central coast of Queensland. The National Park and associated Clark Connors Range is the longest stretch of tropical rainforest in Australia, supporting almost 900 species of plants and a spectacular array of wildlife with 227 recorded bird species including the endemic Eungella honeyeater. Waterfalls, gorges and waterholes, steep escarpments, dense rainforest, woodlands and majestic, centuries old rose gums, all await to be explored.
A range of accommodation options are available at Eungella
- National Park camps sites in Eungella National Park
- Comfy Chalet’s with mountain views
- Self contained one or two bedroom lodges.
Check back here soon for more details of accommodation options or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore Eungella’s cafe’s and restaurants or allow the locals to provide you with breakfast to start the day, and even packed lunches to take away while you explore our magnificent region.
A perfect getaway for families, couples or the single traveller, The Mackay Region can offer natural experiences, fun-filled adventures or pure relaxation with a backdrop of gorgeous scenery and amazing sunsets. Whether its inland, on the coast or in the City Centre, see nature come to life with unique and rare experiences in The Mackay Region.
Getting to Mackay?
- Mackay is serviced by all major airlines, we are just a few hours away from most cities and regional centres in eastern Australia.
- All major hire car companies have offices at Mackay Airport.
- Eungella township is a delightful 1 hour drive from Mackay through the picturesque Pioneer Valley.